Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bamako

I arrived safely from Paris to Bamako, Mali about 7:45 tonight and was lucky to have my supplies arrive with me (often the checked bags lag behind by several days).  A representative from the Christian Mission and Alliance (CMA) met me at the airport and gave me a ride to the guest house where I am staying tonight.  Tomorrow we will drive 5 hours to Koutiala and I will meet up with Brett MacLean.  I will try to post some pics of Bamako in the daylight tomorrow.   I couldn't get much of a feel for things in the dark tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! So glad you are there safely!!! We hope to figure out some skype connection so we can see you!
    love, Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan, so happy you are there safely and with ALL your luggage in hand. 5 hours to your final destination??? Worse than having to drive to visit me!

    Boopie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear from you - a long trip !! Relieved that you are safely there - almost, since you still have to drive to Koutiala. The blog has been wonderful - pictures great, etc. Keep the news coming. Eliza and I delivered all the Dr Doolittle posters this morning and then lunch at the Pickwick.
    Mom and I helped Allison this afternoon and will pick up Eliza and Lane in the morning for our 10 o'clock Church and then meet Allison at Panera Bread for lunch. Lane will spend tomorrow night here.
    Much love and prayers,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad, I'm so glad you made it Mali safely. We are being very helpful to mom. i think i have an allergy to bee stings. We miss you!!!

    kilograms of love,
    Eliza and Lane

    ReplyDelete