Friday, February 22, 2013

Heading back to Mali

Today is the start of my long trip to Mali. I will leave Greenville at 12pm and then fly through Atlanta with an arrival in Paris tomorrow morning at around 8am. I meet up with Patrick Fleming, a good friend from WFU, in Paris and then our last flight into Bamako, Mali will arrive on Sat night. Continue to pray for our safety and that we would follow God's leadership over the next several weeks. I will send out more updates about the specific plans for this trip over the next day.
The picture attached to this post is a look at the Peds cancer ward at the hospital. All of these kids are being treated for different types of lymphoma. The dirt floor of the hospital definitely doesn't look like our polished unit here in Greenville, but the fight is still the same. Despite the costs and the fact that the odds are definitely against them, these kids still deserve a chance to beat their disease. In the meantime, they feel the love and respect of the medical team at Koutiala Hospital! These are the faces that are bringing me back to Mali!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for going back to help the people of Mali and for encouraging the staff there especially Brett and Sheri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you, Alan.
    Love, Sam and La Rae

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had heard from your dad that you were returning to Mali, and, to be honest, this didn't surprise me. I could tell from your comments on your last trip that this was a very meaningful experience for you. I know you are there with God's leading and His blessing.
    With love and prayers,
    Aunt Rela

    ReplyDelete